African Lamb Bake
Updated: Nov 12, 2020
Serves 6 Adults
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely diced
450g minced lamb
2 tsp mild curry powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
100g long grain rice
50g ground almonds
50g dried apricots, finely chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
450ml low salt beef stock
300ml full fat milk
Large deep ovenproof casserole pot/frying pan
1. Preheat oven to 170C fan or 190C conventional
2. Heat the oil in a large deep ovenproof casserole pot/frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and allow to cook until slightly softened.
3. Add the lamb and spices and brown well.
4. Add the rice, almonds, dried apricots, raisins, lemon juice and stock. Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
5. In a jug, whisk together the eggs & milk. Pour this over the meat.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 mins.