Baked Salmon & Pea Risotto
Serves 4-6 Adults
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
2 salmon or trout fillets, approx 200g total
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 celery stick, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
zest of lemon
225g risotto (arborio) rice
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
2.5 cups low salt vegetable stock
80g frozen peas
50g grated parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
Large ovenproof casserole dish
1. Preheat oven to 170C fan or 190C conventional
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil, over a low heat, in a large ovenproof casserole pot. Add the onion and celery and cook for approx 5 mins until softened but not coloured.
3. Add in the garlic, lemon zest and half the chopped parsley and cook for another 2 mins.
4. Add the rice, stir and cook for 1 min.
5. Pour in the stock and stir well to combine. Bring to the boil. Cover the pot with a lid or tinfoil and place in the oven or 20 mins.
6.While the risotto is cooking, remove any bones from the fish and place on a baking tray lined with tinfoil or parchment paper. Drizzle a little olive oil over the fish & season with freshly ground black pepper. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. When the fish starts to flake easily with a fork and the flesh looks opaque, remove from the oven and set aside.
7. Remove the risotto from the oven and add in the frozen peas, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir well to combine, Return to the oven for a further 5 mins.
8. Remove the skin from the salmon and flake into the cooked risotto. Sprinkle the remaining parsley on top and serve.