Turkey & Turnip Macaroni Bake
This dish may sound a bit unusual but believe me it is absolutely delicious and a real hit in our house. It's super easy to whip up and there's little wash up too. For the little ones you can whizz it up to whatever consistency they require.
Serves 6 - 8 Adults
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 40 mins
400g macaroni pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, coarsely grated
1 garlic clove, minced or grated
2 carrots, coarsely grated
300g turnip, coarsely grated
400g turkey mince
2 tsp paprika
100g grated cheddar
10-12 cherry tomatoes
400ml low salt chicken or veg stock
600ml full fat milk
YOU"LL NEED Large ovenproof casserole dish
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan.
2. Cook macaroni pasta according to pack instructions.
3. If you've a magimix or food processor with a grater blade, you can make your life a whole lot easier by using this to grate all the vegetables to begin with. All you need to do is turn on the processor and add the onion, garlic, carrot and turnip, one after another. Otherwise hand grating the vegetables will of course do perfectly.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof casserole pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and turnip and cook for 5 mins until beginning to soften.
5. Add the turkey mince and cook for 5 mins until completely sealed.
6. Add the paprika, cherry tomatoes, grated cheddar and cooked macaroni pasta and stir well to combine, Cook for 1 minute before adding in the stock.
7. In a jug, whisk together the milk and eggs. Pour this into the pot and stir. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and place in the oven for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve.