Simple Chicken & Broccoli Bake
Serves: 4 Adults
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves
4 chicken breasts, cut into small bite size pieces
2 tbsp plain flour
200g broccoli, cut into small florets
500ml full fat milk
70g parmesan cheese, grated
freshly ground black pepper
Large ovenproof casserole pot
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof casserole pot over a medium heat. Add in the onion, celery and garlic and cook for about 5 mins until the onion and celery start to soften.
3, Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to seal it.
4. Add the flour to the pot and stir well to coat. Cook for 2 mins.
5. Add the broccoli florets and milk. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil making sure to stir so the flour doesn't burn to the bottom of the pot. Once the sauce has thickened slightly, add the parmesan cheese and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. 6. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and place in the oven for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
7. Serve with rice or pasta.