Quinoa Porridge with Spiced Apples, Blueberries & Toasted Coconut
Serves 2 adults
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20-25 mins
3 golden delicious apples, peeled and roughly chopped
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp ground allspice
300ml full fat milk
40g desiccated coconut
handful fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan.
2. Place the apple, cinnamon stick, allspice and water in a medium sized pot with lid and give a little stir. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer on a low heat for 20-25 mins until the apples are soft. Remove the cinnamon stick.
3. Sprinkle the desiccated coconut evenly on a baking tray and place in the oven for 1 - 2 minutes. Watch very carefully and give the coconut a little stir half way through to make sure it's toasting evenly. Once the coconut is just slightly golden, remove from the oven and leave to one side.
4. While the apples are cooking, place the quinoa and milk in another medium sized pot. Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer over a low heat for 20 mins or until most of the milk has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and fluff up with a fork.
5. Serve the porridge with the spiced apple, toasted coconut and blueberries on top.