Chicken & Apple Balls
These chicken balls make great party food for both kids and adults. They are delicious served both hot and cold and are a great idea for school lunch boxes. These can be offered as a finger food to your baby from as early as 7 or 8 months as they are nice and soft and easy for your baby to handle.
Makes: 20 balls ( approx 20g each)
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
2 chicken breasts
1 tsp dried rosemary
20g grated white cheddar cheese
1 golden delicious or granny smith apple, coarsely grated with skin on.
1 tbsp olive oil
YOU WILL NEED Food processor or blender
1. Using your hands, squeeze the grated apple into a bowl to remove the excess juice.
2. Place the chicken breasts, shallot and dried rosemary in a blender and blitz until smooth.
3. Add the cheese, apple and breadcrumbs and pulse in the processor just for a few seconds until combined.
4. Using your hands, roll the mixture into approximately 20g balls.
5. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the balls and fry for 5-10 minutes until golden on all sides and cooked through. (If you'd rather not pan-fry, you can also cook these in the oven at 180C for 30 mins.)