Serves: 4 Adults
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 2 hours
Suitable from 6 months+
Suitable for freezing
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
500g stewing beef, roughly chopped into 2cm cubes
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp dried basil
400ml low salt beef stock
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 large carrots (approx 250g), peeled and roughly chopped into 2cm cubes
1/2 medium butternut squash (approx 350g), peeled, seeds removed & roughly chopped into 2cm cubes
2 medium sized potatoes (approx 300g), peeled and roughly chopped into 2cm cubes
250g mushrooms, sliced
Large ovenproof casserole pot with lid
1. Preheat oven t0 150C fan.
2. Heat the olive oil in a casserole pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add the meat to the pot and cook until browned all over.
4. Stir in the cumin, paprika and basil and toss the meat in the spices to coat it. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Add in the carrot, butternut squash, potatoes, chopped tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
6. Cover and place in a preheated oven to cook for 1.5 hours.
7. After 1.5 hours remove the pot from the oven and stir in the mushrooms. Place it back in the oven to cook for a further 30 mins.
8. Blend, mash or whizz to the required consistency for your baby.