Lemon Chicken with Couscous
Serves: 4 Adults
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Suitable from 6months+ - whizz, mash or chop to the required consistency
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
4 chicken breasts
2 cups couscous
2 cups low salt chicken or vegetable stock
2 handfuls of cooked chickpeas
1 tomato, diced
Handful pitted green olives, sliced
Handful fresh basil leaves
Handful feta cheese, crumbled
1. Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic together in a large bowl.
2. Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing lengthways through the thickest part of the breast, without cutting the whole way through and open it out like a book.
3. Add the chicken to the olive oil and lemon juice. Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl with the stock and raisins. Stir well, cover and leave to the side for 10 minutes.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over a medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on each side for 4-5 mins until golden and cooked through.
6. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and finally stir in the chickpeas, tomato, raisins, green olives, feta cheese (optional). Tear up the basil leaves and stir through. Serve.