Sugar & Dairy Free Apple & Blueberry Crumble
This is a recipe adapted from a delicious recipe that my Mother-in-law makes. I wanted to make a dessert that was completely sugar-free for the kids so I made a few changes here and there.
Believe me, this is so tasty you'd never know there is no butter or sugar in it. I'd happily eat this everyday on my porridge!
Serves: 6 Adults
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 40-45 mins
Suitable from 6 months +
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
20g pecan nuts
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup porridge oats
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
5 medium sized Bramley cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
60g blueberries, fresh or frozen
Full fat natural yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 190C fan.
2. Place the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts and pecans in a food processor and pulse until fine breadcrumbs.
3. Place the oats and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir. Add in the whizzed nuts and seeds.
4. Pour in the melted coconut oil and water and stir well to combine.
5. Place the sliced apple and blueberries evenly in the base of an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly on top
6. Place in the oven for 40-45 mins until the apple is tender.
7. Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt or it's also delicious as a topping on porridge for breakfast.