Satay Chicken Rice Paper Rolls
Makes: 6 rice paper rolls Prep: 15-20 mins
* Suitable for babies 12 months+
Rice Paper Rolls
100g rice noodles
150g cooked chicken, shredded or cut into small pieces
6 rice paper rolls
1/3 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
1 carrot, peeled & finely grated
handful coriander leaves
4 tbsp no added salt smooth peanut butter (Meridian)
4 tbsp cooled boiled water
4 tsp lime juice
4 tsp low salt soy sauce
1. Place the rice noodles in a bowl of boiled water for 8-10 minutes, stirring until soft. Once cooked, rinse them in cold water.
2. To make the satay sauce, simply combine all the ingredients in a jar and give it a good shake. In a bowl, mix the cooked chicken with half the satay sauce and save the remaining sauce for dipping. (If you make the satay sauce a few hours in advance or have some leftover, you might need to add a drop or two of water and give it a good shake to loosen it up again.)
3. To make the rice paper rolls, place one rice paper at a time into a shallow bowl of warm water to soften. Try not to fold over as it will stick together! Remove from the water after about 15 seconds, gently shake any excess water off and lay flat on a chopping board.
4. Lay some chicken, cucumber, carrot, noodles and a few leaves of coriander evenly along the centre of the rice paper like you would when making a wrap. Don't over fill or you won't be able to roll it!
5. Fold the bottom and top of the rice paper in, then fold the left side over and roll tightly to the right. Repeat with remaining wrappers and fillings.
6. Serve with the extra dipping sauce.