Sweet Potato Falafel
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Makes: 18-20 falafels
650g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
Large handful coriander, roughly chopped
4 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200C Fan.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes until soft. Toss half way through to prevent them from burning.
3. Once the sweet potatoes have cooled, place in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients (bar the sesame seeds) and whizz until you’ve a smooth paste.
4. Using your hands or two soup spoons, scoop the sweet potato into even sized balls onto a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (you may want to press them down a little so they stick) and return to the oven at 200C for approx. 25 mins until golden and crisp.
- Suitable for babies from 6 months+
- Suitable for freezing
These are lovely served with hummus or tahini yogurt dip in a wrap or pitta or with tabbouleh salad. A great lunchbox snack idea on their own too or finger food for you baby.