INGREDIENTS 1 large aubergine, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
1 large courgette, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
2 red peppers,
2 red onions, finelly diced
3 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tin tomatoes
handful of freshly chopped basil
500g ricotta cheese
100g parmesan, finely grated
2 eggs, whisked
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
100g grated mozzarella
160g lasagne sheets
2 large baking trays
deep ovenproof dish 9" x 10"
1. Preheat oven to 200C fan.
2. Mix the cubed aubergine, courgette, red pepper, garlic and red onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, season with freshly ground black pepper and stir well to coat. Spread in a single layer on 2 large baking trays. Roast in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 170C fan.
3, Meanwhile, lightly oil the ovenproof dish.
4. Remove the vegetables from the oven and place in a large bowl. Stir in the tin of tomatoes and freshly chopped basil,
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta, parmesan, eggs and nutmeg until completely combined.
6. Begin to layer your lasagne with 1/3 of the cheese mixture at the bottom, followed by a layer of lasagne sheets, then half the roast vegetables. Repeat this step again with another 1/3 of the cheese mixture, then the lasagne sheets and the other half of the roast vegetables. Finish with the last of the cheese mixture and sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the top.
7. Cover with tinfoil and place in the oven for 20 mins. Remove the tinfoil at this stage and continue to cook for a further 20 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.