Whizz, chop or mash to the required consistency for relevant weaning stage
2 tbsp olive oil
1 x onion, finely diced
3 x garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp cumin
600g diced stewing lamb
1/2 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and roughly chopped into 1 inch cubes
100g pitted dates, halved
700ml low salt beef stock (Kallo)
1 tin chickpeas, drained
Freshly chopped coriander
Large ovenproof casserole pot
1. Preheat oven to 160C fan.
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large ovenproof casserole pot over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and spices and fry for another 2 minutes.
3. Turn the heat up a small bit and add the lamb, stirring regularly to brown on all sides. Be careful not to burn the spices
4. Add the butternut squash and dates and give a quick stir to coat in the spices before pouring in the stock. Bring to the boil, then place the lid on and cook in the oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, stir in the chickpeas and return to the oven with the lid off for the remaining 10 minutes.
5. Serve on a bed of couscous and freshly chopped coriander on top.