Cook: 40 mins (15 - 20 mins if just doing the burgers)
Serves: makes approx 6 large burgers or 14 small burgers
2-3 tbsp olive oil
500g turkey mince
1 garlic clove , crushed
1 egg, beaten
120g feta cheese, crumbled
1-2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
80g fresh or frozen spinach
1/2 courgette, finely grated
freshly ground black pepper
6 rooster potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 200C fan.
2. Cut each potato into 12 wedges, place on a large baking sheet and toss with a little olive oil. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes over and continue baking until golden and crisp, approx 20 more minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the turkey mince, garlic, egg, feta cheese and basil.
4. Place the frozen spinach in a bowl of boiling water and allow it to defrost. Drain and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. Finely chop and add to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. (You can also use finely chopped fresh spinach here.)
5. Squeeze the grated courgette with your hands to remove any excess liquid and add to the bowl with some freshly ground black pepper. Mix everything really well together.
6. Shape the mixture into 6 even sized large burgers or 14 small burgers.
7. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and cook burgers for 10-15 minutes, turning half way through. **
8. Serve straight away or allow to cool and either freeze or store in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
** NOTE: The burgers can also be grilled. Preheat grill to medium heat. Place the burgers on a lined baking tray and place under the grill for approximately 10 minutes. Turn the burgers over and continue to cook on the other side for 5 more minutes for the small burgers or 10 minutes for the larger ones.