1. Whizz the onion, garlic and ginger to a smooth paste in a food processor. Place in a large bowl with the spices, yogurt and chicken and stir well to combine.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add in the chicken mixture and cook for a few minutes until the chicken is sealed on all sides.
3. Meanwhile, place the rice in a sieve and wash well under cold running water.
4. Add the rice, stock and chopped tomatoes to the pot and give a good stir. Bring to the boil, then place a tight fitting lid on the pot and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave for another 10 minutes to cook with the lid on.
5. Serve with a good sprinkling of freshly chopped coriander on top.