SERVES: Makes 18 baby burgers or 6 adult size burgers
1 large potato, boiled & mashed
1 large carrot, grated
1/2 courgette, grated
g pumpkin & sunflower seeds, whizzed in food processor until slightly fine crumb.
150g grated cheddar or mozzarella (optional)
1 large garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1 egg, whisked
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and season with some freshly ground black pepper.
3. Shape the mixture into 18 round baby patties or 6 large patties and flatten down slightly with the palm of your hand.
4. Place on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 180C for 25 mins for the small patties or 35mins for the large patties. They should be a little crisp and golden on the outside but still nice and moist on the inside.
5. These are delicious served many ways: with hummus and cheese in a burger bun, as part of a salad, or they can be served hot or cold as a snack for the little ones or yourself for that matter!
To save time making these, you can use a magimix food processor (if you have one) to do a lot of the work for you! Always a lifesaver for me!
I use the big bowl attachment with the large blade. I whizz the seeds first, then add in the cooked potato and whizz together. Then change the blade to the grater blade and grate in the carrot and courgette on top. Place this in a large bowl and then mix in the remaining ingredients. Then shape into the patties, cook and there you go!