Suitable from 6months+ - whizz, mash or chop to the required consistency for the relevant weaning stage
1kg rooster potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped
knob of unsalted butter
splash of milk
2 carrots, peeled, top & tail removed
2 celery sticks
120g white cheddar cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp paprikka
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
500g salmon, skinned & de-boned & cut into small bite-size pieces
1 lemon, zest & juice
frozen peas, to serve
broccoli, to serve
Large ovenproof dish
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan.
2. Put the potatoes in a saucepan and pour in enough water to cover them. Bring to the boil and then simmer until tender (approx 10 mins depending on the size of the pieces.)
3. Using your food processor with the grater attachment, grate the carrots, celery and cheese. (Alternatively you can hand grate all of these it just takes a little longer.)
4, In a large bowl, combine the grated carrots, celery and cheese with the garlic, paprika, cherry tomatoes, salmon, lemon zest and juice and stir well to combine.
5. Spoon this mixture into the base of the large ovenproof dish and spread out evenly.
6. When the potatoes are cooked, drain throughly and mash with a splash of milk and some unsalted butter until nice and smooth.
7. Spread the mash evenly on top of the fish mixture. Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through and golden and bubbling at the edges. (Alternatively instead of cooking at this stage, cover tightly and freeze the fish pie for another time.) Serve with a side of streamed broccoli, peas or a green salad. Enjoy!